Software Engineer – Homes Platform
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week currently, or 40% of our time at the office
About this opportunity…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose – to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Lloyds Banking Group is the largest provider of Mortgages in the UK, with over 2 million active Mortgages. We have placed Mortgages at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
Are you ready to join our Homes Platform team and help us to shape and deliver the next phase of our transformation?
Within the Homes Platform we’re on a journey to transform our core technology and the technical capabilities of our colleagues.
Do you want to drive cultural change?
You would play a key role working collaboratively with others to create empowered Teams who are motivated to take on business problems and realise value to customers through excellence in execution
So what are they looking for in you?
- You’re a dynamic and adaptable individual – able to use & learn new skills & knowledge in varying circumstances
- You’ve a well-developed communication kit bag with extensive customer management experience
- A natural facilitator and decision-maker, you’ll enable collaboration across all fields within the Lab
- You’ll be a skilled negotiator, analytical thinker and problem solver
- As a leader and motivator you’ll nurture team members to create a high performing team culture
- You’ll lead, direct and control the delivery of benefits for our customers & colleagues
- You’ll shape and lead major change initiatives which implement business strategies successfully
- And you’ll influence positively – demonstrating the right values and behaviours and encouraging this in team members
What will you bring?
- Strong engineering background with proven experience in modern web technologies, especially; React.js, Redux, React Hooks, Server Side Rendering, Typescript, HTML, CSS.
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
- Problem solving, written and verbal communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of effective cloud architecture solutions.
What else could you bring with you?
- Exposure to SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good working knowledge of containerisation – e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Hosting
The focus is to ensure inclusivity each day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
They want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity, or culture.
On offer is a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares.
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping.
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If the above Software Engineer vacancy role appeals, is of interest and you possess the skills to carry out the tasks to a high standard please do not hesitate to get in touch with at the earliest opportunity.