We are looking for a passionate and experienced paid search and performance specialist for an multiyear on year award-winning agency, you will be an established leader and subject expert in the world of PPC Growth Marketing.
Capable of operating at both a strategic and tactical level, whilst managing and leading a team of specialists across a selected portfolio of client accounts.
The PPC Lead would be responsible for coordinating, overseeing and championing channel best practice across the specialism and beyond, driving best-in-class innovative work for clients, improving team expertise and output efficiency via advanced adoption of automation & feed-based solutions.
You’ll have the ability to develop and own strong client, agency & key suppliers relationships, and lead the comms with these stakeholders. Be able to discuss with clients subjects connected their immediate remit and provide them with useful POV to guide across omni-channel measurement, incrementality testing & privacy-led products underpinned by non-traditional use of data and innovation mindset.
The PPC Lead will be a confident communicator and advocate for the work of the wider PPC team internally and externally, contributing to team training, process and culture. Producing award-winning work and participating in new business pitches, you’ll be a key stakeholder for the agency growth and industry recognition.
Client Work and Innovation
- Develop, own and drive PPC and wider retail/performance strategy for selected accounts.
- A leader in innovation across the team – from inception of idea to delivery.
- Lead the development and delivery of performance media roadmaps for your clients, focusing on Search & Digital Maturity.
- Confidently present analysis, updates and strategic recommendations to senior stakeholders meetings.
- Work with the wider client and specialist teams to deliver cross-channel integrated campaigns.
- Owns senior relationships with media owners and specialist technology platform providers.
- Keep up-to-date with and share PPC & Performance industry trends and developments, product releases and new tech.
Team Management & Leadership
- Lead the team through example, acting as a role model supporting and encouraging the continual improvement of team performance.
- Set the objectives and provide ongoing support for direct reports & junior team member.
- Work with Head of Search to ensure wider team training and development is constantly evaluated and futureproof.
Operations & Commercial
- Be accountable for best-in-class work delivered on your accounts portfolio by consistently identifying areas to improve performance on your accounts.
- Be responsible carrying out team and agency processes that improve quality and accuracy, including QA, optimisation and automation.
- Support wider team initiatives and Head of Search in driving Search Excellence, Digital Maturity and contribute to Industry recognition.
- A track record of working on PPC Retail-focused accounts with annual budgets in excess of £500k, either as an senior account manager or account director.
- Evidence of delivering exceptional performance through solid analysis, advanced testing and first-class execution that adds business value to clients’ bottom-line.
- Proven ability to use Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and SA360 platforms at an expert level, including optimal use of bidding strategies, offline conversions and custom variables.
- Evidence for advanced use of Automation and Feed-based solutions that drive efficiency at scale.
- Solid understanding of industry best practice versus Google best-practice – and the right balance between the two.
- Expert knowledge of measurement methodologies, privacy-centric features and attribution within Google Ads, GA and SA360.
- Passion for delivering innovation and award-winning work through implementational planning and buying.
- Experience in leading, motivating and managing junior team members.
- Experience across Amazon Sponsored Products, Retail Media and the Adobe analytics stack.
- Past exposure to new business pitch process.