Visual Design Director
Core hours 10am – 4pm
A new breed of creative communications company, operating via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
Their client roster of tier 1 brands is not limited to Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
100 top-tier industry awards
Yes 100 in the last 2- 3 years clearly, they are immensely proud but humble, of these accolades & recognition of their work and in the last two years.
The role and the team
- As the Design Director you will lead the delivery of key projects for the biggest and most high-profile clients and projects. The ideal person is an inspirational and positive leader who embodies and delivers against the wider creative beliefs of Engine.
- You will be responsible for setting and maintaining the standard of craft as well as providing oversight and clear actionable direction.
- You will be expected to have a ‘hands on approach’ with ‘Management’ ensuring that junior members of the team are not only setup for success but are actively working towards it.
- You will partner with and report to a Creative Director of visual design and actively support and report to the CEO.
As a Visual Design Director
- Manage the creative strategy and general direction of client work.
- Ensure the quality of work produced is in line with agency and client expectations.
- Serve as the department leader and ensure the continued growth of the team.
- Manage client relationships and work to deepen their knowledge of interactive marketing.
- Identify the conceptual and strategic direction for various projects, and clearly presents those ideas to the team and the client.
- You’ll be creating best-in-class design outputs that meet and exceed clients requirements.
- You will create concepts and collaborate with strategy, creative, UX, and technology to ensure design work exceeds expectations.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision.
- You will manage and maintain the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- You will mentor and manage Designers, motivating them to do their best work.
- You bring ideas to the table, but also collaborate effectively with producers, copywriters, designers and developers.
- You excel at building strong cross-functional relationships.
- You will execute design work to ensure final deliverables meet Engine standards and client expectations.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- In -depth experience that covers brand strategy, brand system design, interactive design and advertising and/or marketing.
- A great level of understanding of brand strategy and brand design, human interface design, animation and motion design, illustration and photography and film.
- You will have excellent and extensive experience in Interactive Design.
- Have a proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work, and an advanced understanding of visual design.
- Have a passion for design and is aware of emerging trends and technologies.
- Have a proactive, positive attitude and is able to work autonomously.
Demonstrates great attention to detail when creating design artefacts and assets.
- You will have experience in creating user interface designs mainly for responsive websites.
- You’ll be confident presenting your work and exhibit exceptional communication skills within internal and external teams.
- Takes constructive criticism with ease and grace, and can adapt well to changes.
- Embraces challenges, new methods of thinking and is constantly looking at ways to improve both the creative and workflow.
- You’re familiar with design systems, layouts, brand identity, iconography, and presentation narratives.
- A natural problem solver who has the passion to go the extra mile.
- Good technical understanding when working alongside developers.
- An expert in Sketch (a must have) and proficient in the Adobe suite of tools.
- The ability to bring ideas / experiences to life by way of high-fidelity prototyping.
What’s on offer
On top of a generous salary you can expect a supportive working environment and superb benefits to match, including Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, and much more!
This specific employer believes in a culture of inclusivity, celebrating difference and believe that diversity makes their business more relevant, their work more meaningful and their people more empowered.
Committed to equality of opportunity for all and open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.