PPC Manager – Leading UK consumer website
We are delighted to be carrying out a search for one of the most prolific retail websites in the UK, it’s a website that is visited by millions each day adding loads of value, it’s also the leading financial services website in its niche.
The office is a prestigious location in London, the hybrid work style is in play.
It’s all about you
- You understand that PPC is about so much more than utilising a good technology stack and competitor analysis, it’s about stakeholder management, attention to detail and seeing the bigger strategic picture.
- You’re comfortable taking charge and have a real passion to support and drive an award winning team forward, making sure they can be the best they can be.
- Your interpersonal communication skills have helped you to build trusted relationships with diverse teams and stakeholders across the business, making you the go-to person to link Marketing and Data together.
- You have delivered some clear results in your current role, across initiatives and project work. So what’s next?
Why this role?
Joining our team of 14 Colleagues, you will be work on a brand that’s reinventing itself to be more meaningful to customers than ever before, through an exciting range of new and innovative products and services. The role will focus on the paid digital channel performance of products (channels) by feeding into the overall Performance Media strategy and implementing a variety of campaigns and tests to provide continued growth and effectiveness.
Managing this clients biggest and most visible channel, there is ample room for progression and growth, for both you and your team. Alongside your day-to-day role there is an abundance of opportunities for you to get involved in, including oEmployee Resource Groups, leadership training, social teams and learning festivals.
Your new team
They operate a ‘Work your way’ flexible working culture and support for our employees to bring their whole selves to work, placing real value and investment in learning and personal development.
Abundance of benefits including 27 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy more), cycle to work schemes and much more!
What will you be doing?
- Lead Performance Media activity (PPC, social, native, display, video & affiliates) across a specified vertical; including strategy, planning, tracking/measurement, reporting, analysis and optimisation to ensure delivery against specified KPIs.
- Collaborate with vertical general managers and trading team stakeholders and attend trading meetings to ensure performance media is well represented. Highlight risks and opportunities for performance media to support the overall channel.
- Work closely with finance department to ensure reporting accuracy and agree any deviation from budget.
- Utilise bid management technology to ensure integration and tracking of PPC and other paid digital performance media activity is adequate and effective.
- Develop day to day media, publisher and third-party relationships (e.g. Google, Microsoft, Marin etc.)
- Seek growth opportunities outside of PPC, delivering an integrated strategy for core channels.
- Develop PPC and other paid digital performance media process and best practice across the business (including training requirements).
- Work closely with the Digital Operations, Analytics and Data Science teams to ensure you are targeting core customers across Performance Media for quality and efficiency.
- Ensure 1st and 3rd party data is being utilised to drive efficiency through audience-based bidding across the product vertical.
- Provide innovation & leadership in PPC activity via test and learn opportunities (e.g. Product Betas, targeting opportunities etc.).
- Work closely with the vertical SEO team to ensure integrated tracking of PPC and SEO to understand the impact of cross-channel cannibalisation and refine PPC strategy accordingly.
- Utilise attribution technology to evaluate contribution of performance media beyond last-click.
- Support, coach and mentor the Performance Media Executives & Associates within your vertical in order to deliver against objectives.
What do we need from you?
- Expert in a PPC specific role (gained working for a media agency, technology vendor or publisher).
- Expert level knowledge of PPC best practice.
- Proven history of successful delivery of performance focused PPC campaigns (ideally gained on retail, travel or finance clients).
- Use of digital marketing technology including PPC bid management (Marin, SA360, Kenshoo) and Google Analytics.
- Use of competitor monitoring and business intelligence tools (e.g. Hitwise, Adthena, SimalrWeb).
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and good presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically depending on the business needs.
If you are interested in the above role and have the skills and experiences suggested, please do not hesitate to get in touch at the earliest opportunity.