Department: Client Services
Location: Hertfordshire – London & Leeds
Hours of Work: 37.5 a week
Contract Type: Perm
Reporting to: Head of Client Production Services
Overview of our clients SAM vacancy
In growing their customer services department, is a requirement for a talented and motivated Senior Account Manager. This is a new, but pivotal, role in understanding their client’s wants and needs, and leading the way in achieving longer and stronger client relationships by being that intrinsic link between our client and their tier 1 client.
This is an office-based role that will also require you to spend time in both Leeds and London for meetings and briefings – as well as generally staying in close contact with clients. Initially we see this role being spent 3 days in Hitchin and 2 off-site per week, but as relationships are built, off-site days may well start to reduce. It can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours will be standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further.
Roles & Responsibilities
Daily contact with client is a key part of the job, so offering insights and forward-thinking solutions are essential to the productive communication process.
You will naturally be part of the presentation team, and, as a result, a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote their proposition and benefit.
Reporting to the Head of Client Production Services, you will work in a growing, fast-paced environment, that is both demanding and fulfilling – involving the coordination of internal and external teams. Our client will depend on you to give the projects direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for this Account.
A key role in conceptualising, implementing, and executing tailored strategies across key accounts – in accordance with the overall strategy of the business
Challenging the client when we need to, protecting the client, protecting our creative, and closely monitoring our internal 3 Stage Process
Owning the client briefing stage and ignition meetings with the client, ensuring that we challenge every aspect of the brief and fully understand what the client are trying to achieve and why. If they do not understand something then it’s you the Senior Account Manager’s responsibility to find it out
Suggesting new ways to improve client relationships and help improve their workflow with clients (e.g. video conferencing, F2F meetings, weakly production calls, tissue session, results forums etc.)
Challenge all decisions across a project’s life-cycle on behalf of the client with robust confidence in their ability understand the detail of the issue
Ensure clients are getting all production work on time and on budget
Oversee different service offerings (TV, Digital, VOD, Press, Print, Radio); ensuring the ‘campaign’ is on brief and consistent throughout
- The day-to-day management of client’s marketing and advertising campaigns
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- A solid background in advertising, design or marketing
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- The willingness to note relevant trends and develop ideas
- The ability to work as an authoritative figure in a busy team
- Invite/arrange H/O CPS to key meetings with the client
- Regular liaising with the client, including hot-desking from their offices
- Ear to the ground in scoping out further work, and growth of account (Bonus incentive to be discussed)
- Weekly accounts meetings with H/O CPS updating him on short-term progression and account updates
- Quarterly written reports to H/O CPS summarising relationship development – as well as account growth. Offer a summary update on the progress of the short/mid/long term account strategy
- Developing relationships with key individuals – both internally and externally: Client Marketing Manager, Client Marketing Controller. Our clients Lead Producer, Account Producer, Traffic Manager etc.
- Be an essential part of the QC’ing process back at this client’s HQ. Again, the Senior Account Manager is the client’s voice within the four walls of our client.
- Be mindful of the importance – and necessity – to plan 3, 6, 9 months ahead with the client
- Be on the front foot with organising “wash-up” sessions on key jobs within the account to discuss results, successes, performance, and items to learn from going forward
- Be on the front foot in organising social events to help relationship between client and agency
– Over 5 years professional experience in working on multiple key accounts
– Ability to digest and discuss briefs from the client
– High degree of attention to detail; must be able to take responsibility for ensuring all work is correct
– Experience in working on TTL campaigns
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to run conference calls, client meetings and production sessions
– In depth technical knowledge of TV, online and print processes
– Experience in DRTV (Direct Response TV) – PREFERABLE
– Excellent leadership and planning skills
– Great F2F presentational skills
– Ability to build strong relationships with clients, ensuring key counts continue to grow in accordance with future business plans
– Great communication skills with clients and 3rd Party agencies
– Is equally motivated to work with clients at their office.
– Enthusiastic and ambitious
– Confident in front of client and creative partners/agencies
– Fun with a zest for life!
– Can command attention in any room
-Company Pension Scheme
– Annual Bonus Scheme
– 23 holiday days (with 1 day added for every year off employment – capped at 25 days)
– Travel expenses covered by the company
If you possess the skills & experiences for the above SAM vacancy, please get in touch as soon as possible with Ian Benjamin at Digital Execs 01582 249562 / Ian.Benjamin@DigitalExecs.com