|Job Title:||Business Development Director|
|Business Unit:||Facilities Management Services|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice President|
Our client is one of the largest independent providers of in-house and outsourced legal services and technology solutions. Established service centres in major legal markets in London and the rest f the world. Maintaining a client list that includes Fortune 500 corporations and American Law 100 firms. They provide exceptional discovery and document review services, legal business process outsourcing, court room services as well as facilities management services.
They have achieved this success by providing customers the highest level of quality and service. Their reputation for quality and performance rests 100% on the efforts of their employees. In order to continue their growth and success, they constantly look to add high-calibre individuals to the team.
They are currently seeking a strong candidate for the position of Business Development Director. Candidates will be commercially focused and business savvy and must be able to demonstrate a track record of success within their career. Experience within a dynamic and high growth multi-site, customer facing business is a pre-requisite.
This challenging role offers the scope to develop new outsourcing arrangements with law firms in London driving revenue and ensuring the continuing success of the business as the market champion in London. As a relative newcomer to the London marketplace, the successful candidate will be both strategic and tactical in approach to establish our client as a viable outsourcing partner.
Candidates must be entrepreneurial in nature, with a strong client focus and proven ability to manage sales pipelines.
Candidates must exhibit an enduring passion for growth with the ability to self motivate and exceed expectations. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and consultative sales skills and preferably some experience selling to law firms.
Key Essential Job Functions:
Include the following but other duties may be assigned:
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Strong target orientation
- Maximises sales and maintains relationships with assigned clients
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Pro- active planner and forward thinker
- Strong technical ability
- Ability to achieve results in partnership with others
- Comfortable speaking with top C-level professionals
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact relationship management software e.g. Sales Force
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organisation’s products/services
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities advantages and compares organisation’s products/services.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Participates in trade shows and conventions
- Educated to Graduate Level
- Sales experience preferred, with a focus on building and maintaining key personal and professional relationships
- Ability to work under pressure; friendly and confident manners; good judgement and ability to make decisions
- Ability to weather a long sales cycle of up to 6 months to a year.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with clients and peers demonstrating strong writing skills and persuasive selling techniques in their verbal and written communications.
Our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers
If you are interested in the above opportunity please get in touch via email or telephone with Ian Benjamin of Digital Execs Ian.Benjamin@DigitalExecs.om + 44 (0) 1582 380 850