This Managerial and operational role sits within a team of 30 focused on buying and administering TV campaigns for a major FMCG client. The Account Manager will have two direct reports, reporting to Account Director.
My client has 400 + employees in the UK, a Top agency in the UK, repeatedly Highly ranked in the Sunday Times Top Companies to Work for.
A diverse clientele, not limited to FMCG, Banking & Finance, Gaming, Mobile Networks just a few of the sectors where
Continue in their quest to being a valuable Partner for their clients, inspire people, this focus drives all their decision making surrounding the development of their brand.
About The Team
The AM’s role is to plan, activate, implement and manage cost effective and innovative TV/AV plans across FMCG portfolio of brands. Confident in managing a prestigious FMCG across, forecasted to spend £25m across TV, Radio, Cinema and VOD billings.
It is a prerequisite that you possess knowledge of how to plan, negotiate, track delivery of costs and quality to deliver campaigns in each medium as well as in the non-spot arena. The role involves high levels of implementation planning, audit management, creative AV solutions and daily client contact.
The Account Manager will be responsible for at least an exec and assistant in the group. The AM reports into the AD.
• Effectively deliver clients business on a day to day basis including management of airtime buying, writing implementation TV plans and accompanying documentation, producing campaign status reports and buying reviews
• Supervise Account executives buying performance to co-ordinate designated clients buying performance (buying targets, reconciliation and Auditor performance) where appropriate
• Being fully aware of deal parameters and their effect on planning/buying targets
• Integrate relevant tools and TV systems through hands on working knowledge to ensure they are applied to clients business at the appropriate time
• Understanding financial and commercial awareness including client profitability
• Ensure all administrative systems and processes are adhered to
• Ensure all TV campaigns are delivered to guidelines
• Demonstrating a collaborative approach and working openly with other disciplines and specialist partners in delivering an integrated service to clients
• Taking briefs from AV Account Director, Business Director, or directly from client
• Working collaboratively with and supporting the AV Account Director to ensure departmental/ agency and client objectives are met (and surpassed where revenue earning opportunities exist)
• Managing and prioritising workload for self and Account Executive(s)
• Liaising with Account Directors, Client Activation Directors and MPS to oversee training and development of Account Executives
• Understanding the MEC ambition and values
• Establish strong relationships with Auditors and other specialist partners
• Possess a deep understanding of TV market and future developments
• Leverage close relationships with media owner contacts at the appropriate level
• Developing a thorough understanding of all aspects of clients business, brands and marketplace
• Building a strong relationship with clients at the appropriate level of seniority
• Devising and implementing effective and innovative plans and proposals
• Ensure delivery of all campaign status reports and relevant campaign information
• Delivery of relevant and imaginative implementation of plans and buying strategies
• Accurate production of all information for clients
• Development of Account Executives under your supervision
• Accurate and effective buying to targets set by AV Account Directors/Auditors
• Achievement of specific appraisal set goals
Experience and Skills Required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Good organisational analytical and numerical skills
• Develop strong relationships with key media owners
• Deep understanding of:
o TV Trading and Marketplace
o Relevant Media Tools and Techniques
• Radio, cinema, non spot and VOD buying experience
• Gain first hand knowledge of tools and TV systems to ensure they can be applied to clients businesses at the appropriate time
• Workflow management including prioritisation and effective delegation
• Requires a detailed topical knowledge of relevant media news and developments
• Proactive and enterprising attitude to all client requirements and dealings
• Experience in late money negotiation
• Use of internal systems and programmes including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, TV systems (such as DDS)
If you possess TV/AV buying experience within an advertising agency from a please get in touch by email or telephone to discuss your suitability.
www.DigitalExecs.com Telephone 01582 380 – 850